Saturday, June 24, 2006

Kevin's Top 10 Films

Fun Blog!

Top 10:

Star Wars V, The Empire Strikes Back
Lawrence of Arabia
Amadeus
Spirited Away
The Shawshank Redemption
Alien
Lord of the Rings, Return of the King
Amalie
The Mission (1986)
The Princess Bride

Honorable Mentions:

La Dolce Vita
Casablanca
Raiders of the Lost Ark
The Silence of the Lambs
The Matrix (I)
(Monty Python's) Life of Brian
Bladerunner
The Iron Giant

Worst 5:

I honestly can not remember my worst 5. I know I've seen bad movies. I've walked out of at least 5. Somehow, the details of all that pain are no longer accessible to me. Talk about avoidance...

Okay, I do remember walking out of Moulin Rouge, but I think that one probably only deserves a spot in my worst 20. It sidesteps worst 5 just on the basis of that awesome Bowie/Massive Attack cover of "Nature Boy".

1 Comments:

Blogger Rita said...

Now this is a Top 10 list to be proud of!! I don't think you've been as prey to, um, childhood weakness as some of us. Heh.

(Ahem, Damon. Ahem, Karate Kid. And Top Gun. Not that those aren't great movies (they are!!). And not that I can talk. I'm just sayin'. You know what I'm sayin'.)

Props to you for getting Amelie in your Top 10! I was determined, but just couldn't fit it! (It made so many of our Honorable Mentions!)

I also can't believe I overlooked Amadeus for my own list. Oh no!! Now I have to re-think!

I'm amused by how all the Star Wars afficionados acknowledge Empire was best. I didn't know that!

I also don't get the Alien (/Aliens) thing that has clearly gripped so many friends.

Damon and I (and Benji!) watched Iron Giant a while back, thanks to you. Moments of genius. When I make my mixed DVD (of all-time favorite scenes), some of those are going on for sure!

And . . . Moulin Rouge for worst?? I definitely felt weirded out by everyone's mad love for that film. (Some of the songs are terrible!) But it almost succeeds. It's almost the awesome movie everyone believes. (That's actually what I found so painful. But I wouldn't call it terrible so much as . . . almost great.)

(Ok, I almost hated it, too. But later viewings softened me.) :D

r

6:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home