Saturday, June 24, 2006

Karen's Top 10 Films

I started to make my list more than a month ago, and since Damon has been egging us on to post our lists so that we can move on to a different Top 10 topic, I'll just go ahead and list the first Top 10 off the top of my head.

In no particular order:

  1. The Shawshank Redemption (isn't this true for everyone?)
  2. The Hunt for Red October
  3. My Best Friend's Wedding (this probably has one of the best endings I've seen for a mainstream romantic comedy)
  4. Dead Again (back when Kenneth Branagh and Emma Thompson still worked together)
  5. The Matrix (I remember reluctantly agreeing to see this film with a friend on opening night because I hadn't heard much about it, and it totally blew me away.)
  6. LOTR: The Fellowship of the Ring
  7. The Sound of Music
  8. Spirited Away
  9. Down With Love (because I love the throwback to the sensibility of the 50's without having to watch an actual film from that period)
  10. Raise the Red Lantern (one of my favorite Gong Li films)
I will refrain from listing Honorable Mentions, because I want to keep this post short. Happy watching!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home