Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Julie's Top 10

This was really, really hard. I plan to see a lot of movies this summer, so the honorable mention list will probably get even more bloated. The year is listed beside movies with multiple versions.

Top 10

1. The Matrix
2. French Kiss (1995)
3. Sabrina (1954)
4. Roman Holiday (1953)
5. Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
6. Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers
7. Pulp Fiction
8. Oceans 11 (2001)
9. Iron Giant
10. ?

Honorable Mentions

I would happily watch any of these over and over again, except for the scary/disturbing ones.

Johnny: Benny and Joon, Pirates of the Caribbean
Drew: 50 First Dates, The Wedding Singer, Firestarter, E.T.
Keanu: The Gift (2000, scary), My Own Private Idaho
Foreign: Casablanca (1942), La Dolce Vita (1960)
Cute couples: The Marrying Man, Mr. and Mrs. Smith
Quirky: A Mighty Wind, Clerks (1994), Napoleon Dynamite, Office Space (1999)
Jackie: Rush Hour, Shanghai Noon
Band geeks: The School of Rock, Drumline, American Pie 2
For the music: Grosse Point Blank, Annie (1982), O Brother Where Art Thou?
Run!: Bourne Identity (2002), Catch Me If You Can, Cloak and Dagger (1984), La Femme Nikita (1990)
Animation: Monsters Inc., Beauty and the Beast (1991)
Over the top: Legally Blonde
Weddings: The Wedding Banquet (1993), My Big Fat Greek Wedding, Muriel's Wedding
Boys: Billy Elliot, About a Boy
Girls: Thelma and Louise, Girl Interrupted
Scary: Cape Fear (1991)
Disturbing: To Die For (1995), American Beauty (1999), Being John Malkovich, Falling Down, The Graduate

5 Worst

1. Spice World
2. New York Minute
3. The Muse (1999)
4. Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle
5. a tie between Sweet November (2001) and Meet the Fockers

4 Comments:

Blogger stella said...

oh julie. please tell me you didn't actually pay money to watch New York Minute. wait, scratch "pay money to" from the previous sentence.

9:24 PM  
Blogger Julie said...

It was free!!! I borrowed it from the library!!! *SOB*

9:29 PM  
Blogger Eat the Love said...

OMG - I LOVED LOVED the movie SPICE WORLD. I think I saw it on opening night. it was TERRIBLE! GAWD AWFUL. but I appreciated the fact that it was suppose to be awful.

I don't think I could sit through it again, but I have to admit, I fully appreciated it the first time, as did every one else I saw it with.

And thank goodness you put the original SABRINA and not the HARRISON FORD remake on your top ten. Snaps to you.

And Roman Holiday is FABOO. I think it's my favorite Audrey Heburn movie.

8:53 PM  
Blogger DJ52 said...

I would watch Spice World. We can have a world-themed bad movie night:

Spice WORLD
WaterWORLD
Battlefield EARTH
The WORLD Is Not Enough

For the last one, we just need to watch the scenes with Denise Richards as a nuclear physicist. Wow.

1:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home