Tuesday, June 27, 2006

A.J.'s Top Ten

So here goes - my first attempt at joining any sort of online community or forum - or at least any one that does not include looking at pictures of naked men.

(Please note that the above comment was made before I started my own blog, which I guess I am announcing here:
Adventures of the HipGayChemistryTeacher)

I feel I must say that many of your entries made me think of the films that I have loved over the years. And - wow - Kami has good taste. (Though I did fall asleep during Chocolat.)


AJ's Top Ten List:


1. STAR WARS: Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back
2. STAR WARS (the original)
3. Collectively the entire STAR WARS saga - considered as a single body of work.

The rest (4-10) in no particular order:

Until the End of the World
Howard's End
Dead Again
(I went through an Emma Thompson phase)
Alien-Aliens (not Alien3, and definetly not Alien: Resurrection - sorry, Joss)
Waiting for Guffman
The Royal Tennenbaums
Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory


Honorable Mentions:


Mr. Mom
ET
National Lampoon's Vacation
Groundhog Day
The Princess Bride
Being John Malkovich
Wedding Banquet (Mostly because I was indifferent to seeing it, but my then-wife wanted to go. Clearly, I liked it.)


Other:

Galaxy Quest (Should have made HM, but they would have had to edit out about 30 minutes of the slow material.)


Worst Ever:


Garfield
What Dreams May Come
Patch Adams (I saw this on a date. It was one of the few films I have ever wanted to actually walk out of. So I leaned over to my date and asked what he thought of the film. He said he loved it. I knew it wasn't going to work between us.)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

AJ, I LOVE Dead Again! I've also got it on my Top 10 list, but since I'm in the middle of editing my list, it hasn't yet gone up.

I'll watch it again sometime with you.

7:55 PM  
Blogger Julie said...

Dude, I thought What Dreams May Come was pretty good, though it's hard to take Robin Williams seriously in a dramatic role :)

4:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home