Monday, April 24, 2006

Irvin's Top 10 (plus more)

This is what I have so far (in NO particular order):

Top 10 (with one spot open)

Party Girl ("HE. HE. HELLO..." Parker Posey rocks)
Welcome to the Dollhouse ("special means retarded")
Ma Vie En Rose (better than Billy Elliot if you ask me)
The Incredibles (the best Pixar yet, but then I have that superhero thing)
Waiting for Guffman (ah more Parker Posey. "I've been working at the DQ for about six months now..." the bonus material on the DVD is fantastic)
Le Femme Nikita (the American and Cantonese remakes sucked big time)
The Opposite of Sex (Christina Ricci at her best)
Muriel's Wedding ("you're terrible Muriel...")
Romy and Michelle's High School Reunion (pure trashy fun, but i can watch it over and over again)

Honorable Mention
Being John Malkovich ("Malkovich Malkovich Malkovich..." this was the first time I realized that Cameron Diaz actually can act)
The Matrix(though Neo rocks, it was Trinity that I loved)
Heathers ("Teen Suicide... Don't Do It!")
The Royal Tenenbaums (really the only movie I've like GWYNETH in.)
House of Yes (Parker again. "Were you poor? Did yo eat chicken pot pie?")
Blue/White/Red (collectively, they are amazing)
Amelie (nothing need be said about this movie other than it's adorable)
Chungking Express (which I had nearly forgotten about, until it was on BENJI's list)
Mystery Men ("I am WAFFLE IRON MAN!")
X-Men 2 (mostly because I have a deep deep love of the X-Men that dates back to grade school - even if they did mess up ROGUE and gave my favorite character of KITTY PRYDE cameo apparances only)

Worth Mentioning, but Not quite Top Ten or Honorable Mention:
King of the Hill (the 1993 movie by Stephen Sonderbergh, not the animated tv show - based in St. Louis!)
Out of Sight (the only J.Lo movie worth seeing)
The Daytrippers (yet another Parker Posey movie. "he's a pointer, with anything to point with...")

Bottom Five:
The Trip (awful, just plain awful gay roadtrip movie)
Sister Act 2 (i wanted to burn my eyes out after seeing it)
People Under the Stairs (wes craven at his WORST)
Garfield (we had to stop watching it on the plane. it was that bad)
Daredevil (and ersatz Spiderman. Ben Affleck was atrocious)

Bottom Five Dishonorable mention:
Along Came a Spider (this was bad, but at least it had MORGAN FREEMAN in it)

Notice that I have listed a bunch of "honorable mention" but haven't filled my Top 10 yet. This is because I love the honorable mention ones, but i don't think they are good enough to list as my all time TOP TEN. I have also left a spot open, just for emergency sake. I don't like to box myself in.

2 Comments:

Blogger Michael C. said...

i am so glad you included THE TRIP in your bottom 5. A simply abysmal film.

10:11 AM  
Blogger Rita said...

I adore Romy and Michelle!

7:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home